Our 13th Annual UPPA Spring Market will be held on Wednesday, March 20, 2013 from 10 am-7 pm. This one-day shopping event is our only fundraising event and all proceeds benefit University Park Elementary School.
With over 800 attendees and 90+ vendors, the 2012 Spring Market made a record-breaking contribution of $73,000 to UP Elementary. This money was gifted to UP Elementary for technology to help achieve our “Classrooms of the Future,” which unite the best in teaching with the best in technology.
Spring Market 2013 is bursting with exciting new changes to provide the best one-day shopping experience for our community, and give our sponsors/vendors the best return on their investment - an investment in the future of our children’s education!*
The Spring Market Team is proud to introduce the following:
Art Expo –
- Spring Market 2013 will introduce the first ever Art Expo! Local artisans will display their masterpieces and HPISD students from all seven campuses will be invited to display their artwork!
Community Expo –
- One entire location (the UP gym) will be transformed into the Community Expo, sponsored by one community business and dedicated to community boutique retailers. Stay tuned for the list of participating businesses!
Community Card Retail Program –
- New this year, businesses are invited to participate in the Spring Market Community Card Retail Program. Participating retailers agree to a 20% discount (some exclusions apply) to card purchasers valid March 20-March 24, 2013. This card can be purchased for $20 ONLY at Spring Market!
Family Entertainment –
- Families are encouraged to join the Spring Market fun from 5:30-6:30 pm for dinner, live entertainment and an outdoor movie with concessions!
Food Expo –
- Support our local restaurants, bakeries, casserole vendor, and coffee and juice bar vendors as they serve up their favorite lunch/dinner selections. This is the answer to every mom’s question, “What’s For Dinner?”
Red Carpet Tent Expo –
Spring Market 2013 Details
- Come and see your favorite “traditional” Spring Market vendors in the Red Carpet Tent. This redesigned and enclosed tent will make you feel like you’ve just stepped into a gala!
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
10 AM - 7 PM
University Park Elementary School
(3505 Amherst - Lovers Lane west of Hillcrest)
Tickets may be purchased on our website for $6 or in advance for $5 from UPPA members or Park Cities’ Tom Thumb stores. Tickets will be $7 at the door.
Spring Market Contacts
Niccole Maurici (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Misty Wightman (email@example.com)
2013 Vendor Chairperson:
Michele Spillman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2013 Sponsorship/Underwriting Chairperson:
Amy Pollard (email@example.com)
*All proceeds from Spring Market and auxiliary events are donated to UP Elementary School, in an effort to defray the effects of Robin Hood laws and keep our school a top-ranked school in the community. Over $1 billion of our school tax revenues have been distributed to schools outside the Highland Park Independent School District (HPISD). Spring Market fundraising dollars are primarily used for upgrading technology, facility improvements, and classroom enhancements.